Thursday, April 1, 2010

triadic scheme; part 1/2.

Triadic Color Scheme - The triadic color scheme uses three colors equally spaced around the color wheel. This scheme is popular among artists because it offers strong visual contrast while retaining balance and color richness. The triadic scheme is not as contrasting as the complementary scheme, but it looks more balanced and harmonious.

This is what I was experimenting with. The colors I used were yellow-orange, blue-green and red-violet. I used different values so it would be more pleasing to the eye. We were assigned to make a piece inspired by Sarah Morris. I originally had more squares and rectangles but, due to lack of colors I had to work with what I had and minimize my original composition. I'm overall pleased with the result.

The is the first part of a two piece project in which we have to incorporate the same colors. I plan to use fabric for the next part.

 (The piece is actually straight. The scanner manipulated it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment